If you are reading this, my guess is you are interested in going more natural in your way of living. Why not start with your hair products? dōTERRA has created ten different recipes to help your hair and scalp be a little more toxin-free. Essential oils not only smell good but they are good for your hair too, moisturizing, soothing, and enriching!
To see all of the recipes, you can go to the doTERRA blog. I am going to share with you a couple of my favorites!
Recently, had my hair done by professional. This is a rare treat for me! I usually cut my own hair (and it does not always turn out well). The beautician styled my hair for me with “beach curls” and my daughter was absolutely enthralled with the result! So, I went home and the next day tried to recreate the masterpiece and no matter how hard I tried, it never looked the same! Finally, a friend told me that she probably put a salt spray in my hair. I had never heard of that before! Turns out, I can make my own, minus the nasty chemicals!
Beach Wave Salt Spray
- In a spray bottle, add doTERRA Healthy Hold Glaze and salts.
- Add Fractionated Coconut oil and essential oils. Top with water and shake.
- To use, spray generously on hair while scrunching with hands. Let dry.
My second favorite recipe is for untangling troublesome hair. Both of my children have beautiful, thick, wavy hair. Both of my children also hate to brush their hair. That is NOT a good combination! So to keep us all from tears, we spray in Detangling Spray. Marshmallow root and apple cider vinegar are natural detanglers and essential oils add additional benefits to help keep your hair healthy and beautiful.
- Boil water and marshmallow root in small pan.
- Reduce heat and let simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and strain through cheesecloth or wire strainer.
- While warm, pour into bottle and add conditioner, apple cider vinegar, and essential oils.
- Shake until combined.
- To use, spray generous amount on wet hair and comb through.
*Don’t have all these ingredients? You can also make a very simple spray anytime with just the water and conditioner in a spray bottle.